|File information||File size||Options|
Original JPG File
5184 × 3456 pixels (17.92 MP)
43.9 cm × 29.3 cm @ 300 PPI
Low resolution print
2000 × 1333 pixels (2.67 MP)
16.9 cm × 11.3 cm @ 300 PPI
1100 × 733 pixels (0.81 MP)
9.3 cm × 6.2 cm @ 300 PPI
Full screen preview
World Rabies Day
07 October 16
Canon EOS 550D
Winner of Best Barangay Implementer Brgy 5 San Pedro Laoag City
SNHS – 14
BNCHS – 22
CBNHS – 14
LGU (MAO, MHO, Barangays) – 42
PRCC and Project partners – 15
PVO – 10
PHO – 2
GARC – 4
• The search for best implementers on rabies prevention and control is part of the ordinance implemented by the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte since 2015.
• As a result of last year’s search, the Provincial Rabies Control Council amended the guidelines (see attached guide-lines and criteria for evaluation) to include several changes:
• The addition of another category namely the Best Implementer - Organization Category. The cash prize for the Individual category was split to accommodate the organization category.
• The search is now open for nominations and applications from any interested party. Previous nominations and applications were made only by the local government unit governing the indivual or group.
• The evaluation criteria for municipality/city and barangay categories were also amended to include the key items identified during the National evaluation of the DA and DOH on rabies-freedom.
• Presence of an Active MRCC (with attendance sheets and pictures)
• Presence of Rabies Program Plan (with workplan and budgetary provisions)
• Effective dog control movement measures
• Submission of at least 1 dog head sample for laboratory surveillance
• Presence of temporary holding facility for suspected rabid dog
• Education integration monitoring by the local government unit
• Presence of posters/streamers and information boards on rabies
• The individual and organization categories were evaluated based on outputs, impact to the community served and validation interviews.
• The technical working group from the previous evaluation was retained. However, there is no available representa-tive from the Ilocos Norte Provincial Police Office for this year.
• Chairman – Ms. Zenaida Colobong, DILG
• Members – Mrs. Luz Catubay, PHO
Dr. Loida Valenzuela and Dr. Jeneveve Suliva, PVO
Ms. Lanie Peralta – PSWDO
Ms. Ronalyn Dona Cubinar – Dep-Ed Laoag
Dr. Dianne Licuan – GARC
• Nomination and application forms were given to all municipalities and cities as well as identified organizations and institutions in Ilocos Norte.
• The nominees for the individual categories were:
• Dr. Rufino Cravalho, Municipal Veterinarian, Bacarra MAO
• Dr. Eva Macugay, Professor, MMSU CTE
• Ms. Emma Ruth Pascua, Day Care Worker, Bacarra MSWDO
• The nominee for the organization category was:
• Department of Development Communication, MMSU CAFSD
• The applicants for the barangay category were:
• Barangay San Agustin, Sarrat
• Barangay San Pedro, Laoag
• Barangay Sta Rosa, Laoag
• Barangay San Isidro, Dumalneg
• Barangay Dumalneg, Dumalneg
• The applicants for the municipal category were:
• Municipality of Solsona
• Municipality of Bacarra
• Municipality of Dumalneg
• The nominations and applications were all evaluated by the technical working group. Application albums to include rabies related activities and documents were submitted by the nominees and applicants.
• During the evaluation, the technical working group agreed to divide the Individual Category into two subgroups: technical and education. The evaluators also conducted validation interviews and visit with the community and community folks to identify presence of stray dogs, use of traditional practices, dog leashing and vaccination and presence of streamers and posters in common areas. The technical working group also identified that a minimum of 50 points must be met by the applicants to be considered for the awards.
• The municipality of Dumalneg and its barangays were not able to comply with the minimum requirement points therefore not included in the final evaluation.
• The awardees were the following (see attached summary of evaluation scoring):
• Organization Category - Department of Development Communication, MMSU CAFSD
• Individual Category (Technical) - Dr. Rufino Cravalho, Municipal Veterinarian, Bacarra MAO
• Individual Category (Education) - Dr. Eva Macugay, Professor, MMSU CTE
• Municipal Category:
• Champion – Municipality of Bacarra
• 1st Runner-Up – Municipality of Solsona
• Barangay Category :
• Champion – Barangay San Pedro, Laoag City
• 1st Runner-Up – Barangay San Agustin, Sarrat
• 2nd Runner-Up – Barangay Sta Rosa, Laoag City
• The awarding of the winners was conducted on October 7, 2016 at the Plaza del Norte, Laoag Hall, Laoag City.
• Present were the nominees for the different awards, program implementers from the different local government units, PRCC members to include the technical working group who conducted the evaluation and other program partners.
• Dr. Loida Valenzuela, the Provincial Veterinarian gave the welcome remarks for the awarding program while Dr. Sa-rah Jayme, the Country Representative of GARC, gave an inspirational message for the implementers. She recog-nized the importance of the implementers in achieving the status of zero-rabies in the Province of Ilocos Norte. She shared the recent recognition of the province from the national agency, DA and OIE STANDZ Project as one of the outstanding implementers in the country on rabies prevention and control.
• Correspondingly the outstanding implementers from the different local government units were given recognition. Likewise, the Rabies Prevention and Control Program partners and members of the PRCC were also recognized and given certificates of appreciation.
• The contenders for the folk/modern media competition provided entertainment and were also awarded during the activity.